info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Have recently purchased Panasonic Viera 3D model TX-L55WT65B. I

Have recently purchased Panasonic Viera 3D model TX-L55WT65B.
I am having difficulty with picture settings in that I am getting tiny dots of vivid green in areas of the picture, occurring in vertical lines, usually in areas of darkness and strong colour. These are small areas and only occur periodically through Blu-ray/DVD playback, but they do spoil viewing pleasure.
Try as I might, I have been unable to find a solution, but I am sure that it something to do
with my picture settings. Can you suggest how I may best minimise or eradicate this problem?
Thanking you in anticipation
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Is this only when viewing bluray\dvd?or does it happen as well with normal TV services?
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Anthony,

I only use the TV for the purpose of disc playback or occasionally PS3 games. It is not tuned to a broadcast signal - i do not have TV license.

Steve

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
OK but is it evident when you use the PS3 as well as the bluray?this is an important check
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, it is the same for playback on both, which leads me to suppose that

is most likely top be something to do with my TV set up.

Steve

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Stephen
Stephen their is no settings that will cure vertical lines or vivid greens in the picture, you have a problem with the set, now it could be a serious issue (panel) or it could be a mainboard issue, either way you need to either get the set swapped or exercise your warranty, I would advise to get the set swapped.
I am sorry to be blunt on this but I have seen bad panels straight from the go.
If its a lesson make sure you get extended warranty 4 or 5 years to cover the set.
Let me know if you need more info
Please remember to rate the answer thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar with this post
Anthony