info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

HI. HAVE A SAMSUNG 46ES3008 DE6100 TV. PURCHASED 21/06/12. WAS

Customer Question

HI. HAVE A SAMSUNG 46ES3008 DE6100 TV. PURCHASED 21/06/12.
WAS WATCHING TV WHEN IT FROZE AND POWER TO TV WENT OFF. CHECKED FUSE. ITS OK. HELD TV ON BUTTON AT BACK OF TV FOR 15 SECONDS. STILL NO POWER TO TV.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Sorry your having problems
Please unplug the set from the wall, whilst its unplugged hold down the on\off switch on the set ityself for 15 seconds, wait a further 5 minutes then replug the set back in again let me know if theirs any change
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi. done this a few times. But no change.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ALREADY DONE THIS. NO CHANGE

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

NO CHANGE

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
I have computer network issues sorry for delay
OK is their any powerlight lit at all on the front of the set?
Do you hear any clicks at all from the inside of the set when you go to switch on?
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no power light. There are no clicks. Nothing at all.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
OK because the set froze initially I really do suspect the mainboard has gone bad however to verify it is the mainboard and NOT the powerboard will involve making a voltage check with a meter can you use a meter?can you do this work?once verified the mainboard will be ordered and fitted in the set you have me to help you with this I just need to know if you have "hands on" skills for the work its not a big job just to be able to use small tools and reasonably practical.
Let me know please
A engineer will charge around £100_£200
A positive rating is appreciated thank you
Many Thanks
Anthony