Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

I own a 7000 series 40" tv set. Initially it shouldhave had

Customer Question

I own a 7000 series 40" tv set. Initially it shouldhave had a link to the internet, but it did not work. I contacted Samsung who sent me a pen drive with updated software, and for a while the link worked, but later failed. I was then sent a key with the latest software, but it never worked. I have been through evrytest the internet specialists have, and I have contacted Sky who supplied my router, and who confirm that my password ***** ***** who also links my LG set, laptop, and phone withut problems. My question is what else can the problem be, and could the software have have received be corrupted in some way ?? if so, what can be done to correct the situation ?? Terence Herne I am 84 years old and a novice at computing
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Shahid, I'll be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Can you please get me the complete model number written on back of TV?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

eu40c series 7000wkxxu

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the model number, it seems correct number is UE40C7000WK

Now how the TV connected to the router, is it Ethernet wire plugged in TV and router or trying wireless connection?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Since replying to you, I found a screen which had a cross aginst the IP code. Could it be that the set still has the old IP code since the router was changed for a more powerful one, and needs to be removed ??

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The tv has a pendrive fitted with the software, and the router is wireless

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, have you tried to run easy network setup option in TV menu which will set required IP address itself?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don,t think so, but I have not seen a prompt called easy network option

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Need to go to network menu of TV to select easy network option for wireless connection, verbiage could be different so please check TV menu options to find it out.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried auto setup for the network, but it didn't work at all. still feel that we need the details for the ip and dns for this particular set ? can we obtain this information,.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Please select 'Auto' option in 'Internet Protocol Setup' in Network Setup instead of writing IP Address, Sub Mask, Gateway, DNS info manually.
Auto option will fill these info itself.

Also, does the TV find the wireless router signals/ shows router name during this process?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

when network is selected and then auto. it does nothing, and I've tried it a number of times

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, do you get list of Routers on TV screen any time while running Network Setup to select your router?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My sky link is shown plus talk talk

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, so you see your router name and can select it to proceed.
Does the setup ask password at any step to connect to router?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It asks me to entermy security key which is PYRTEAAD, which I do and it tries to link me , but fails

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, it seems 'pen drive'/ Wireless Adapter isn't working properly, do you have another wireless adapter to try or pull the existing adapter from USB port of TV and replug it then run the network connection setup that might help?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I should point out that in addition to the pen drive I later received a "key" which was to update the software to the latest level , and which Samsung confirmed as the latets update, I have the pendrive inusb1 and the key in usb2. I have no other drive units, I have removed them and reentered them a couple of times,

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, please remove the pen drive from TV that used to update the software in TV as it has done its job and no need to keep plugging it in TV any more.
I was asking about Samsung Wireless LAN Adapter plugged in USB port of TV for wireless connection to the router and its model number could be WIS09ABGN, WIS09ABGN2, WIS10ABGN etc.
Is it possible to get another Samsung Wireless LAN Adapter as a test to see if the Wireless LAN Adapter isn't causing the problem.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the adapter appears to be wis12abgn, and I think the only place I could go to for a replacement is Samsung, which could take a week or two. Is there any other way of testing the existing one ??

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you can try this adapter to another 7000 series Samsung TV so check around with friends or neighbors for the same TV model or any of WIS09ABGN, WIS09ABGN2, WIS10ABGN Samsung Wireless LAN Adapter to plug it in your TV to verify it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried the adaptor in my laptop C(as suggested by Samsung), BUT IT DID NOT REGISTER.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, so can you please get another Samsung adapter to try it on TV?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Terence, did you try Samsung adapter?