Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

I have a Samsung S7800(Freesat) connected to a Samsung TV.

Customer Question

I have a Samsung S7800(Freesat) connected to a Samsung TV. Since connecting a DVD player, I am having problems changing channels and recording. I can get channel 101 but to change channel I need to switch off the STB, change channel then switch the STB back on. What have I done? How can I resolve this? I suspect it is something very simple.
Category: TV
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 3 years ago.

Hello please kindly explain to us how you have connected the DVD player to your TV?

What cables are you using (RF or HDMI for instance) as well as which ports are you using on the back of the connected equipment.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have solved the problem by checking the aerial inputs and finding one which wasn't making a proper connection. Reworked this and the system is working perfectly.