info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

We have Sony tv model TAV-L1 The set shows continuous

We have Sony tv model TAV-L1 The set shows continuous red stand by light and we are unable to get any response from the set or the remote control -we have removed mains power supply , checked remote control, and tried switch on set ,but still no response
You advise would be appreciated
Alan
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Sorry your having trouble here
Alan did you leave the mains disconnected for at least 15 minutes before re-connecting?if not please do that now this will reboot the set
Let me know if theirs any change
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We left the mains disconnected for over 20 minutes but still no response
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK please re-check the model number best done by looking on the back of the set it will beging with a K
Let me know please
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Only ref we have isTAV-L1 and also on back of set it gives a serial no(###) ###-####
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Ahh yes its the home theatre combi I just thought it was TV
OK whats happened is the mainboard in the set is not sending back a command to unlock the powerboard so its highly likely that the mainboard will need replacing (subject to checks with a meter) if you can use a meter have good hands on ability I can help you with this ?
If not you will need a engineer who may charge £180_£200 for a set of this spec.
Let me know if you can do the work or need more info
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I may need more help, so please keep my question open. It will get back to you ASAP. Thanks so much for your help so far.
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We have just received confirmation from an engineer who examined the set just 20mins ago that your diagnosis was absolutely correct and the set has gone to workshops accordingly.
Thanks for all your help ---right on the button ---excellent
Alan
Happy to give excellent rating