info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I am no longer able to switch my Samsung HDD/DVR Recorder on

I am no longer able to switch my Samsung HDD/DVR Recorder on from the Samsung TV. It goes through several SEARCHING FOR SIGNALS screens and then I get a blue screen. If I do manage to connect to the recorder, it works perfectly with a good picture and no problem with recorded programmes. I can get nothing now except a blue screen
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Have you tried rebooting both the TV and the DVR by unplugging both from the wall waiting 5 mins then re-plugging both back in again and waiting then for them to reboot ?if not please do that now and let me know the results please.
Thank You
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Anthony,

I have unplugged my TV and Recorder from the wall socket for a good 5 minutes, powered up again and still have the same condition when I try to switch over to the Recorder from the TV - blue screen. What other suggestions do you have?

Please let me know if you receive my answer.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Are you using HDMI to connect to the DVR?if not what output of the box are you using?for example component\composite?they are marked on the TV and the DVR
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is an HDMI cable going from HDMI In on the TV to HDMI Out on the Recorder. This cable was used when installed and has never been altered.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mavis
You will need to replace the lead to eliminate it if its the same after replacing the HDMI lead the box is the most suspect itself here so the way to prove that is try another input on HDMI like a DVD player or similar if it works OK you should get that box replaced.
Its likely the software controlling the box is bad, your box providers may even send a software update down line that could correct the issue
Let me know if you need more info
Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have
Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will try that and come back to you next week if necessary. I will rate you then, but at the moment I am pleased with your service. Thank you

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mavis
Thats no problem let me know also let me know if you run into difficulties
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HDD recorder would not work what ever I tried, so subscribed to BT TV box. Yes, I did give you a rating.

Mavis