How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aric Your Own Question
Aric, Technician
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 44442
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
Type Your TV Question Here...
Aric is online now

When I turn the TV on, the sounds just keeps going up and up

Resolved Question:

When I turn the TV on, the sounds just keeps going up and up and the channels continually change.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. This issue can be caused by one of several things, and in order to determine what- I will need to request some more information.
1) What is the full model number off of the back of the TV?
2) How long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?
3) Does the same problem occur when using the manual Volume controls on the TV itself?
Please reply back with details and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1. The full model number off the back of the TV is UE26C4000PWXXU.

2. I have had the TV for 2.5 years and have had other TVs in the house for longer without problems. The problem started a couple of weeks ago and was intermittent but now we can't seem to be able to watch the TV at all as it is flicking through channels and the volume is going up at a very past pace. I have to unplug the TV as it cannot be worked manually on the TV.

3. Once the TV goes on the manual controls for both channel, volume and turning it off do not work if it is in its crazy mode.

Hope to hear something positive from you.


Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply Yvette.
I wish that I had something positive to say about the issue. Unfortunately this isn't something that can be fixed via any settings or adjustments, and it's a fault within the TV.
Most commonly (about 90%) of the time, it's a faulty EEPROM- which is the processor on the Mainboard. The other 10% of the time, it's the keypad controller (the buttons on the TV itself), which connects to the mainboard. The only way to tell is to internally disconnect the keypad from the Mainboard, then run the set at length to see if the issue arises again.
If the set remains stable- you would replace the keypad, and if it arises again- then the Mainboard would need to be replaced.
This is on average a $50 (for the keypad replacement), to $150 (for the mainboard replacement) repair. I'm sorry for the bad news on this one and the set would require service.
If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied please do not forget to click the POSITIVE rating so that I am credited.
You can follow up to the question at no additional charge even once you've rated.
Aric and 4 other TV Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up with you and see If you've received all the information you needed. If not, feel free to reply back. Best regards, Aric
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

  1. Thanks for your help, I have received your final response and obviously wish it was better news. I have rated your help and you will therefore be paid.