Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Hi, I just bought a samsung LED 60 inch, series 6/ 6300. I

Hi, I just bought a samsung LED 60 inch, series 6/ 6300. I loaded it into a pickup truck and on my way home it fell out. The screen didn't break but picture is showing on only one quarter of the tv screen. Can I get a new screen to buy or what do I do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. This is unfortunately very very bad news and the LED backlit LCD screen is damaged and cannot be repaired. I hate to have to be the one to tell you that your NEW TV cannot be saved- but we see this issue quite often, and that is the case.
To repair it would require replacement of the entire Display Panel from the inside of the TV. The cost of a new Panel is typically 90% of the cost of the TV (when you can find one), and to replace it entails removing all of the boards inside the TV and essentially rebuilding it. Once the cost of labor is added to the repair, it would cost you more than a new TV to fix this. I wish I had better news for you, but once the Panel has this issue, the set is not cost-effective to repair, and you would be better off purchasing a new set.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up with you and see If you've received all the information you needed. If not, feel free to reply back. Best regards, Aric