Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My Sky television does not respond to the remote control.

My Sky television does not respond to the remote control. I have tried new batteries to no avail.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Good day Sir ,my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;
You said that if you tap the bottom right it turns on , would that be the power button on the tv ?
For that matter , if you use the buttons directly on the tv , does it work normally ?
Could you please lookup your tv`s model number located on the back cover ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no button at all to press on the front of the TV. I don't press anything but drag my finger along the bottom of the TV..

There is no model number. There are two numbers: Product Code[ 32LE5900-2ABEKWLIP; Serial Number; 010MAJMJMH5316.

You have been very helpful and patient. I have been delayed and therefore unable to respond immediately to your questions. Your employers should pay you in full.

Sincerely,

Dewi Williams

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
No problem Sir and thank you .
Just looked up your 32LE5900 tv and at the front there are tactile sensor instead of actual button and when you drag your finger there you are actually pressing the power button .
So that tells me that the tv is working correctly and indeed it would be a problem with the remote.
You can buy a new original remote at the link below , just copy/paste that address in your brower`s address bar and it will take you there, here it is;
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Replacement-Remote-Control-LG-32LE5900/dp/B007X5N9LM
As far as getting paid , you can just use the rating system , that is the Smileys that you will see now .
Thank you and note that you can reach me here at anytime after rating if you have questions.