info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

hi i have a panasonic viera tv model TX-32LZ80L. the power

hi
i have a panasonic viera tv model TX-32LZ80L. the power light on the front of the tv is red when in standby but i when i go to switch it on, the red light flashes a lot and there is a loud knocking sound from inside the tv. there doesn't appear to have been any power surge (adapter lead is surge protected in any event) and the tv was working perfectly the night before but something has obviously gone in it. Any idea if this is a major issue and how to fix it?
thanks and regards
Brendan
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Is the powerlight blinking and pausing please?if so could you please count the amount of red blinks between pauses please like 4 blinks pause 4 blinks as an example?
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Anthony

There's no pauses between blinks it's just constant blinking and the knocking noise in the back of the TV basically knocks St the same time as the blinks.i ended up switching off the TV power button after about a minute last night as the blinking and knocking was constant the whole time

Brendan

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Brendan
You have rebooted the set unplugged from the wall waited 5 mins then replugged back in again?
If so then you do have a problem inside the set that will need to be investigated, at this time it sounds like powerboard trouble however the back of the set will need to come off and a visual check made initially , are you able to do that yourself?
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've never done it before and wouldn't know what I'm looking at being honest but am happy to give it a try! If I take the back off the TV this evening is there something I can look for/replace?

Brendan

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
The first thing is to get the back off the set and let me know what happens exactly when you power the set up looking from the back what do you hear and see then we move on from there
Let me know
Anthony