info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a Sony t.v. and Sony H.D. Recorder (the one that tapes

I have a Sony t.v. and Sony H.D. Recorder (the one that tapes 2 channels at once). I had to re-programme my t.v. channels last night, and now I cannot record BBC1 and 2 onto my Recorder.
I record programmes through channel number 5. I can access ITV, Channels 4 and 5 through this number, but when I try to access BBC 1 and 2 it says "channel not available", and therefore I cannot record programmes on those channels.
Can you please tell me how I can programme BBC 1 and 2 through that channel in order that I can record my programmes.
I would be very grateful for any assistance, as I am going on holiday on Saturday, and don't want to miss taping my favourite programmes.
Margaret
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello Margaret
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Margaret how are you recording\watching TV services?is it satellite\cable\aeria?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Aerial

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Margaret
Margaret are your normal TV channels OK?so you have BBC 1 and BBC 2 through NORMAL TV?its just that you have lost the channels to record on the DVD recorder so can't record them?or have you lost both?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. I have the normal tv channels, including BBC1 and 2 through the t.v.

I record through no. 5 on my remote. I can tape all channels except BBC1 and 2.

Margaret

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Margaret
This may be a bit awkward for you but I would assume you have tried to retune again in auto tune with the DVD recorder so if it still does not find BBC 1 or BBC 2 then you will need to tune in the recorder MANUALLY for these channels that you have lost, this is a common complaint with digital the auto tune does not always work, so you would need to get the frequencies from your local transmitter (or if you know the transmitter name let me know)and then go into the MANUAL tuning section of the settings for tuning on your recorder and tune in MANUALLY.
Let me know if you don't understand this please
Theirs also more about this at www.digitaluk.co.uk
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you tell me how to retune in Auto tune??? Please.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
I will need to know the model number of the DVD recorder please found on the back of the recorder
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model No. SVR-HDT500.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Download the manual here for the machine (click blue writing)on page 36 of the manual it tells you how to do a rescan of channels it will also tell you how to manually tune in the channels if you need to

Let me know ifyou need other info

Anthony
info tech, Technician
Experience: Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. ***** have now retuned it all. Time will tell.

Thanks for your help. Margaret

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Thats great news!
If its set now and its saved you will be OK
Any problems please come back here
Please remember to rate the answer positively their will be a rating bar with this post
Thanks again
Anthony