Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Why will my freeview box not come on and only says starting

Customer Question

Why will my freeview box not come on and only says starting and the red light stays on. Working ok yesterday
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’ll get started chatting here.

If you’d prefer support beyond the chat format, you may also reach me directly via phone or a remote support session. I’ll send an additional services offer for these options - feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time during or after our conversation.

Nathan :

There are many possible causes of this, including a bad aerial, loose connection, or internal hardware defect in the box itself (most likely).

Nathan :

Can you tell me the full make/model of the box?

Nathan :

Initially, can you please unplug power to the box, at the mains, for 60+ seconds. This should allow it to reboot, and hopefully clear up any temporary memory faults that could cause this.