Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I bough a 50 inch TV today but cant remove image that looks

I bough a 50 inch TV today but can't remove image that looks like some sort of speaker image
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’ll get started chatting here.

If you’d prefer support beyond the chat format, you may also reach me directly via phone or a remote support session. I’ll send an additional services offer for these options - feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time during or after our conversation.

Nathan :

Could you tell me the make/model of the tv?

Nathan :

Are you getting sound out of the tv speakers?

Nathan :

Does this happen with all inputs/sources (aerial, cable/satellite, dvd, game, apps, etc)?

Customer: Panasonic TX50A400B
Nathan :

Thanks for the information,

Nathan :

Did you see my other questions?

Customer: I am getting sound out of the speakers. Yes all sources there's just this black image on the screen
Nathan :

Oh okay, so you get sound, but no picture at all (other than the speaker)?

Nathan :

If you hit the menu button on the panasonic tv remote, does it bring up the menu properly?

Customer: I've got normal picture just image lft on screen and yes I get menu up
Nathan :

Does it look like an icon for a tv setting that is floating around above the picture?

Nathan :

Is there any chance you could send me a photo of it so I can see exactly what you are seeing?

Customer: It's static three quarters of the way across the screen from the top to bout 15 inches done the screen
Customer: I've no way of sending you a picture
Nathan :

How big is it

Nathan :

If you bring up the menu, does it go away during that time?

Customer: It's still on screen
Nathan :

Can you go into the setup menu and look for a Factory Reset option

Customer: I can't find a factory reset option
Nathan :

Can you disconnect everything from the tv, so it is connected only to the mains lead and nothing else

Nathan :

Then go into the menu, to the SETUP section, then to Shipping Condition and choose that setting, which resets everything to factory defaults

Nathan :

if it still persists after that, you can try the next option which is software update

Nathan :

and if that still doesn't help, then there is something wrong with the tv, as this is not a normal behavior and there is no setting that would cause it after the reset process. In that event, you'd need to take it back to the store and have it exchanged for another model.

Customer: Done the reset still there currently scanning channels
Nathan :

Okay if it is still there, even on the tuner mode and through the auto setup, then there is something defective with the tv itself I'm sorry to say.

Nathan :

Not to be insulting, but are you certain this is actually part of the picture itself? Sometimes there are stickers placed on the outer surface of the screen noting features and functions of the tv, maybe there is a clear sticker there that is causing you to see this?

Customer: It seems to be part of the picture but obviously can't be it certainly isn't a sticker I'll try the update
Nathan :

I didn't think you would miss something like that, but just want'ed to be certain.

Customer: Still there
Nathan :

Yes I'm here

Customer: Still on screen
Nathan :

Sorry, thought you were asking if I was still here,

Nathan :

thanks for trying.

Nathan :

At this point, there is unfortunately nothing more that you can do yourself, as this can only be an internal tv fault. So your next step will be to contact the retailer about a return/exchange.

Customer: Ok thanks
Nathan :

You're welcome, and sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Panasonic sets are usually very reliable, but there is occasionally a bad one right off the line, damaged in shipping, etc. At least it came up now while it's still within the return policy.

Nathan :

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Nathan

Customer: And the same to you
Nathan, Installer
Experience: Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.