Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Toshiba LCD colour TV Model 37 A3030DB Serial 19130446

I have a Toshiba LCD colour TV Model 37 A3030DB Serial 19130446 38" bought November 2007. It has been trouble free till now. There has been a message on the screen telling me that I will need to retune after 3rd September. It worked fine on 2nd September but after switching on yesterday, I get the "DTV" box in the top LH of screen and a "greyish" screen that seems to show faint part-screen panels pulsing in the back-ground. Using the handset, I can call up the on-screen menu for just a second or so, but it goes before any chance of making a secection. similarly, pressing a channel button produces the channel number at the top of the screen briefly, but no picture appears. Pressing the "external sources" button produces the list, which remains on-screen for random periods, and if I am quick, I can select HDMI and get a steady blue screen with "HDMI" logo in top LH corner. I can then get perfect reception from my Freesat box, and from my DVD player, for as long as I need and until switching off the TV. The terrestrial loft aerial is properly connected. We have a "kitchen" digital TV which has been re-tuned and is working correctly.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your TV. In order for me to determine what's causing this, I'll need you to reply back to the Info Request in full please.
1) When did the problem occur?
2) Additionally, what is connected to the TV for devices (DVD, cable box, etc.), and do you have the same issue regardless of which Device you're watching?
3) If you press MENU on the TV when the problem is occurring, does the MENU display normally on the screen?
Please reply back and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have replied twice. It is evident that this system doesn't work. I am not at all satisfied with this and will cancel.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
This is the first reply I received from you. You can cancel if you want or reply back if you want to continue. I'm just a tech and don't have control over site or billing issues.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The answer to your questions is in my initial brief.

Sept 3rd.

No DTV but normal Sat Box and DVD player reception.

Menu shows for just a moment, as do all the other indicators relative to Digital TV reception.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. What I was basically asking (I should have clarified), was- is there any sort of decoder box between the Aerial and the TV, or is the Aerial connected directly to the set?
If connected directly to the set, please disconnect the TV from power, then remove the Aerial and all other connections. Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 15 seconds and release. Then plug the HDMI and Aerial connections back into the set.
Power the TV on and let me know if you are able to then bring up the MENU, and scroll to any of the options.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK! You are a Star! That did the trick and all seems to be working properly. I have retuned the set and seem to have all control back. Many thanks.

I apologise for my grumpy attitude last evening. The "Just Answer" website is horrible and I am not at all sure whether I am on the promised "Free Trial"" or being charged £27. A bit of clarity would be wonderful.

I am entirely satisfied with the part you have played.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome and I am glad to hear it worked out! I'm sorry about any issues with the site, and they are out of my hands I'm afraid. I am not privy to any billing issues, or agreements, but I can tell you that the "pop up" that asks about the subscription is simply an advertisement, and if you don't click on it and sign up- then you don't have one.
If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING so that I am credited.
Aric, Technician
Experience: 15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company