Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Hello I have a Philips TV LC7 and since moving it from one

I have a Philips TV LC7 and since moving it from one flat to another I have a few channels BBC1 and 2 and then it jumps to 15 & 17 etc. I have to retune it everytime I want to watch something on ITV/CH4, and even then, if I leave it for a while, it all blocks up and I need to turn it off then retune it yet again...any ideas why?
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Pete :

Hi there,

Pete :

It sounds like the reception is bad at the new location.

Pete :

If you are using a communal antenna on the roof, try using your own indoor amplified antenna instead, even just for the retuning, so that you pick up all the available channels.

Pete :

Otherwise, if the signal is weak, then the TV won't pick them up.

Pete :

Alternatively, you could try tuning in the missing channels manually.

Customer: Thank you. I have had the antennae checked and ok'd but as it's a school it could be that the signal is weak. When I do retune I do get 148 channels, but then they disappear, does this happen with a weak signal?
Customer: if so, I shall organise an individual antennae.
Customer: People have also said that with a box (Sky etc) it would help. Would it?
Pete :

Yes, the disappearing channels are likely caused by a weak signal.

Pete :

Alternatively, a Sky box would help, since it receives channels from satellite, not the antenna.