info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Hi am wondering how I can copy a program from my sky HD box

Hi am wondering how I can copy a program from my sky HD box to my samsung BD-F8900 device much appreciated
Doug
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Please be aware that some sky boxes have hard drives and you can copy that way anyhow, if you want to copy to the blu ray then you pick out and INPUT (not a channel)with the blu ray remote control so if the blu ray is connected via HDMI to the skybox you pick out that to record do you understand this?
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If I understand you correctly I need to plug the hdmi from sky box into bluray hdmi both of which only have one hdmi socket then I guess you can view what's passing between the two via the rf signal is this correct ?
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Doug you have a number of options but by far the best way to record in HD is via the HDMI lead to the blu ray from the sky, yes it may only have one output you may need a HDMI splitter to make two outputs then one goes to TV and one goes to the blu ray, now it has nothing to do with RF you need to select HDMI input with the INPUT button on the bluray remote so when you record its the sky you are recording instead of 1\2\3\4 etc, so it may be termed HDMI\AV\EXT you know you will it when you see sky coming through the blu ray on the TV
Let me know you understand this
Anthony