info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I bought a LG42LH3000 LCD Television in 2009 which has been

I bought a LG42LH3000 LCD Television in 2009 which has been fine, but a fault has just occurred where by when turned on, the picture is normal but within minutes starts to get lighter and lighter giving a light negative effect and loses all colour definition. Have you any idea what may be causing this and if it would be cost effective to have repaired?

Please note that I do not want to pay a  Monthly Charge as this is the only question and answer I require at a single agreed cost of £20 only.

Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
With regards ***** ***** charge if you have any concerns about that please email***@******.*** who will address any concerns you have , we are the techs and don't have anything to do with billing.
OK I understand what you are saying now if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is the menu washed out too or is that unaffected by this?
Let me know please
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Anthony

Yes once the TV has been on a minute or two the picture gets lighter and lighter and on pressing the Menu Button it is also the same very light, so all operations are effected by this issue.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Terry
Sorry for delay internet connection issues.
OK the fact that the menu is the same means theirs in all likelihood a problem with the tcon board this is the board that drives the LCD DISPLAY now I have to add that the display itself could be bad their is no way to check that OR the tcon board if replacing the tcon board DOES NOT cure the troble then its a bad LCD panel (screen)LCD panel failure unfortunately is very common I see it on a daily basis.
If you wish to pursue replacing the tcon I will be happy to provide all the info needed to do that just get back to me here.
The tcon will be around £70
Let me know
Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have
Many Thanks
Anthony