info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a Matsui tv/dvd player model No m26dvdb19 the tv either

I have a Matsui tv/dvd player model No m26dvdb19 the tv either stalls and won't change channels with either the remote or the tv and must be turned off then on, or it won't change channels but will alter sound. I have tried 2 booster ariels bought the best caxial cable but this problem still exists.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Have you tried a complete reboot of the set?unplug from the wall wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again?if not please do that now
Let me know how this works out
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry but I have already tried re-booting tv and this did not work. My job is titled an electrical engineer and I thought maybe a component was needing renewed?

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Gary
Gary the problem you have is bad firmware thats why its "sticky", their is no firmware around for matsui which is a brand sold by Currys in the main, now the only option is to see if their is a mainboard available for the set, so you will need to get the part number from the mainboard (it will be on a sticky label or etched on the board)the mainboard is the one with all the AV connectors on.
Google the part number one may be available
Let me know if you need more info
Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have
Many Thanks
Anthony