Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Model TX-L32E31BSwitch TV on via remote or power button.TV

Customer Question

Model TX-L32E31B Switch TV on via remote or power button.TV comes on flashes the picture on 2 or 3 times then switches off. Red standby led flashes a continuous pulse. Strangely I can get TV to come on sometimes by laying TV "on its back"

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your TV.
How long have you had the set for, and when did the problem occur?
Was it after a storm or power outage?
Does the Power light on the set blink continuously, or in a pattern (such as 5 blinks, pause, 5 blinks, pause, etc.)?
Please reply back and we can continue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

TV is about 3 years old . Started a few weeks ago not sure if its related to storm

Blinks continuously.

Personally I am from an electrical engineering background so can look more in depth if required

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
thanks for the reply. offhand this is strange as the panasonic has blink codes built in to indicate a fault. Have you inspected all capacitors on the power supply board to ensure none are bulged, domed at the top, or leaking fluid at the top or base?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nothing obvious, I looked for dry joints etc. Are you suspecting power supply board

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
I am suspecting the power board. Hard to pinpoint, but commonly a regulator IC, cap, or transformer can be out of spec generating excessive heat. Moving the set to the horizontal position is allowing the heat to dissipate more quickly allowing the set to remain on.
Now, just to make sure I understand you correctly, will laying the set flat allow it to "stay on", or simply when it shuts off laying it down flat allows it to "come on"?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Once TV is on it stays on when stood back up and can be watched normally, and can sometimes be switched on/off via remote ,but it as got to the stage we dare not for all the hassle it causes. Problem occurs each day when you first switch on

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Okay I understand. This is almost certainly a power board failure. Once components go out of spec, they can cause the set to need repeated startup attempts which then allow it to stay on once components on the power board have "warmed up" to spec. I would suggest replacing the power board in the set to fix the problem. Used/pulled parts sites would carry the board in the UK, or I can dig deeper and see if I can locate one for you to purchase.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Aric What you expect the cost of this board to be approx., just wondering if its an economical repair.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. It's typically around a $75 part here in the US, and there's a link below to EbayUK that shows the board being available for purchase:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TNPA5364-AD-2P-TZRNP01PRUE-PANASONIC-TX-L32E31B-POWER-SUPPLY-/271211207167
If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING so that I am credited.
You can follow up to the question at no additional charge even once you've rated.
Aric, Technician
Experience: 15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Aric the board did not cure the problem ,still the same,, there is another board connected to the power board which looks to supply leds but don't want waste money unless sure

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry to hear that. Can you please post the part number off of that board that looks to supply leds?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

AB TXNLD1NJUU (I Think) It is almost as if there is not enough power to light the LED It flashes on a couple of times then goes off.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hmm, that is bizarre and I've never seen another model with that board inside of it. I am stumped by this one and will need to opt out.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes If anybody has an answer I would be grateful but I don't want to be paying again. It has already cost me for the advise and on his recommendation the price of a board which is no use to me

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Adam