Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  USAF trained; currently teaching electronics for the DoD.
42300671

Hi I have a Hitachi AV3000E plasma TV and the box took a

Hi I have a Hitachi AV3000E plasma TV and the box took a knock when moving it to decorate and now it will not switch on, the TV is ok and switches on, what could it be ?

Category: TV
Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, and thanks for your question. I'm Dan.

I've worked on this model plenty of times. Did the TV itself take any damage? Are you looking to repair the box, or replace it? Are there any symptoms other than the box not coming on?

Dan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi the TV has no damage and switches on from power supply. I would like to repair box if simple task
Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.
Sure, no problem.

Are there any signs of life from the box? You'll want to connect it to the TV to see for sure. Does the box make the TVs LED flash at you?

Dan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, no sign of life from the box, I changed the plug fuse, but it wasn't that.
Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.

If the unit is showing no signs of life and the plug fuse is OK, then we're looking at an internal issue here. I've taken the liberty of uploading the troubleshooting flowchart for you, which walks you through what to check next. If you have any questions at all about the verbiage on the chart or what to do next, just let me know.
graphic

I hope that answers your question! If not, just let me know. Also, please take a second to rate the service I provided today, as that is the only way I receive credit for answering questions here. I hope I was excellent, even if the news was not! Thanks!
Dan