info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have just installed a Humax Freesat box for my elderly neighbour,

I have just installed a Humax Freesat box for my elderly neighbour, is it possible to connect and run a second tv (for viewing in the bedroom) to this box.There is no other aerial, just the one dish?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Yes you can do that but you can only watch the same channel as the one on the main set unless the freesat has more than one tuner, you will need to tell me the model number of the freesat box
Let me know please and I will look it up
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HDR1000s/GB/500G

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Just give me 5 mins to check
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still awaiting definitive reply

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
David it can be connected up but you can only view whats being viewed on the main set.
Now is the main set at the moment connected with hdmi?if so are you watching in HD?would their be a problem if you never watched in HD if that was the case?because as I see it theirs only one way of doing this without having to run cables if you want to run cables you can you would need a HDMI splitter then run this to the other TV via a long lead
Let me know
Anthony