Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Red light comes on (Bush make). Can get no sound or pictu

Red light comes on (Bush make). Can get no sound or picture.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. Can you please get me the full model number off of the back of the TV?
Also, how long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?
Was it after a storm or power outage, or was the set ever hard to start in the past?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model number on back of TV: 2137TSIL

Have owned TV since November 2004

TV has never been, as far as I remember, hard to start in the past, not even in a storm or power outage.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the reply.
This problem can be caused by one of two things, and the latter indicates a failure within the TV.
The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and let me know if there are any changes. Please reply back and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

TV still not come on. Can still hear ticking noise!

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry to hear that, and that ticking noise is a relay on the power supply board cycling due to a short on the power board. This is due to there being a failure on the power supply board inside the TV. Commonly the capacitors on this board will receive a surge and then fail.This is the most common mode of failure for these sets, in which case it would be more cost effective to replace the board itself.
Average cost for this type of repair is in the $250 range for this set. Unfortunately there isn't a quick fix and I wish there were better news.
If you need further assistance let me know, and once satisfied please -do not forget to click a "POSITIVE RATING" so that I am credited. If you don't see a place to rate- reply back to me and let me know.
You can follow up to the question at no additional charge even once you've rated.