info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Hi My Panasonic Viera plasma 3d television won't switch on.

Customer Question

My Panasonic Viera plasma 3d television won't switch on. Its 2 and a half years old and all that happens is the power light flashes a few times, pauses then flashes again. Any idea how to resolve this issue? I used it a day ago and it was fine, turned it off when I finished with it. Then came home the next day and then this.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

TX-P50UT50B

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK I will need to know how many times the red light blinks between pauses please like 3 blinks pause 3 blinks as an example
Let me know please
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its 3 then pause, then it repeats

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Its an boot problem
Have you rebooted the set by unplugging it from the wall waiting 5 mins then re-plugging back in again?if not please do that now thank you
Let me know the result
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ive tried that but when plugged back in it starts flashing again.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Its a booting problem now their are 3 boards in the frame for being the issue here the most suspect is the A mainboard are you able to use a meter and do work yourself with the set?I will provide more details on that just need to know your "hands on" ability.
If mot then you will need a engineer
Let me know please
Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have
Many Thanks
Anthony