info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

The colours on my LCD TV LE32R8780 have just become incorrect.

The colours on my LCD TV LE32R8780 have just become incorrect. How do I revert to installation settings please?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Did it go this way on its own?
If you use another input like a dvd player is the colour bad on there too?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is a stand alone apart from a Sky HD connection. After leaving switched off for a while once switched on again the picture is normal but for less than a minute then the colours becomes very strange especially whites as shown by some contributors to the web giving a glazed shiny appearance

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Geoffrey
What you are describing is classic tcon board failure however its also possible that the LCD panel could be bad.
The tcon cannot be checked it can only be replaced to eliminate it.
If you want to replace this please let me know I will provide more detailed info.
I am sorry this is not anything easier.
Let me know if you need more info or can do the work (please beware the panel could be the issue this wont be known until the tcon is fitted)
Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have
Many Thanks
Anthony