Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

LT-32DD52J. will not switch on, blue light flashes 6-7 times

LT-32DD52J. will not switch on, blue light flashes 6-7 times then nothing
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’ll get started chatting here.

If you’d prefer support beyond the chat format, you may also reach me directly via phone or a remote support session. I’ll send an additional services offer for these options - feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time during or after our conversation.

Nathan :

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, typically a faulty power supply or main board (the 2 most common failure points). This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc). That flashing blue light simply indicates the tv is attempting to boot, but is unable to complete the process.

Nathan :

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation
1) Unplug the power cord from the tv

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm a hardware failure.

Customer:

Ok will try this, if this does not work is this an expensive fix? although I believe the tv is only 10 months old so may be under warranty

Nathan :

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which would require dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics with a digital multimeter to test voltages inside, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing capacitors (a common failure point). To give you an idea, a new power or main board will typically be in the £100 range.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around £200-300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

Nathan :

If it is only 10 months old, I'd expect it to be under warranty then.

Nathan :

This is a 2011 model, so I had assumed it was older and would not be covered.

Nathan :

If under warranty, you'll contact the retailer, or JVC directly, and file a warranty claim.

Nathan :

If beyond the warranty, you're better off just replacing it, given the costs. Tvs this size typically aren't worth the investment.

Customer:

Thanks for your advice and tried the fix to no avail, this model of tv does not have a separate on/off button so not sure if I even attempted the fix correctly. I have emailed the retailer to hopefully get the set replaced

Nathan :

Hopefully they will help you out, though they'll likely refer you back to JVC directly.

Nathan :

Best of luck to you with the replacement, I hope they'll take care of you.

Nathan :

I'm sorry there is no quicker fix in this case.

Nathan :

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Nathan