info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

My 32 inch Samsung TV has recently started to misbehave. The

My 32 inch Samsung TV has recently started to misbehave. The screen goes blank and then a "No Signal" message appears. Sometimes the picture comes back but more often than not it stays blank. Thinking that there might be a problem with the aerial connection, I attached a small TV (coincidentally another Samsung) to the same aerial socket. It works fine. This seems to indicate a fault where the signal enters the main set. Any suggestions as to what I should do?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Sorry for delay
So you connected another set to the same aerial PLUG that is the aerial fly lead or aerial coming into the house and the other set is OK
In that case you are very likely to have a problem with the tuner in the set what needs to be done is for the back of the set to come off and a better look at that tuner do you think you can do this?it may be that the board will need to be replaced its a plug in board real easy to change?
Let me know please
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your diagnosis. My set is mounted on a wall bracket. To take off the back would require removal from the bracket, which I would find physically difficult, not having assistance available.

Do you have any information about the likely cost of a replacement tuner?

Thank you for your help.