Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

My main TV is in the lounge with a freeview box, a Sky HD box

My main TV is in the lounge with a freeview box, a Sky HD box and DVD recorder. I also have a Sony LCD TV (model KDL-20S30) in the dining room with a Sony DVD recorder (Model RDR-HXD890) both of which have analogue and digital tuners. All these units are fed via coax cable from the same aerial aligned with Crystal Palace, the TV being fed via the DVD recorder which is always on standby. This cable is very long, approx 20m, and runs right round the outside of the bungalow. because of this cable length I have a singal booster at each end for the freeview signal but when the RF out put from the sky box is connected it bypasses the first booster. Prior to digital TV taking over from analogue I was able to feed the Sony TV with Sky signals via the standard aerial coax. When digital took over I lost this facility but then, when an engineer came to sort out a problem with digital he somehow arranged that I could still get Sky on the Sony TV in the dining room by selecting the analogue tuner via the remote control. Unfortunately, when I had to retune the TV recently I lost this Sky facility and do not know how this was set up in the first place.
Can anyone help me restore the Sky facility?
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Pete :

Hi there!

Pete :

You will need to retune the analogue signal - to do this, press the Analogue button on the remote control before retuning.

Pete :

The TV should then pick up the RF signal from the Sky box.