Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

i have a hitachi l42vcco4uh tv when switched on the red light

i have a hitachi l42vcco4uh tv when switched on the red light comes on then ghanges to blue then red on and on but the telly does not come on
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
- Is the power light keep changing red to blue then red?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi shahid the telly is about 4 years old a month ago went to switch on and it did not work

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jimmy,
Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back and and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

shahid done what you said still the same

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK Jimmy,
It seems hardware failure in TV and mostly this kind of problem occurs due to failing power supply board because of defective capacitors or devalued resistors etc, replacement of power supply board will help to resolve the problem.
This type of repair should be done by handy person to avoid any damage to TV or electric shock and TV repair shops in area will do the repair and it could be around $250 plus.
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.