Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have had a DMR-BS750EB (and TX-L32DE25B TV) for four years

I have had a DMR-BS750EB (and TX-L32DE25B TV) for four years and they have performed well until the rearrangement of the channels earlier this year.
I find that, although the recording set up seems to work, the red recording light continues to blink past the start time and the recording does not take place in some cases.
There is often a "no signal" warning.
I think I may be setting the "drive select" on the recorder handset and the "tv input" on the TV handset incorrectly selected.
I would appreciate your help.
Please note, I'm not familiar with TV technical terms although I have managed up to now with my basic knowledge.
Regards *****
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Pete :

Hi there,

Pete :

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question.

Pete :

Check if you can view all channels.

Pete :

To rectify this, try unplugging the satellite cable from one of the tuners.

Pete :

* sorry some of my previous text is missing due to a website error *

Pete :

I will start again:

Pete :

The DMR-BS750EB has twin tuners.

Pete :

If one of them has a bad connection or if that tuner has failed, then it will be unable to record whilst another channel is being viewed or recorded at the same time.

Pete :

Pete :

Then check if you can view all channels.

Pete :

Now disconnect the cable from the tuner you just checked and connect the second cable to the second tuner.

Pete :

Check again if you can view all channels.

Pete :

If you are unable to view channels when only one of the tuners is connected, then that tuner is suspect.

Pete :

Test it by connecting the other cable to it.

Pete :

If it still won't work then the tuner is faulty.

Pete :

If it does work when the other cable is connected, the one of the cables is bad.

Pete :

Check that both cables are securely connected to the LNB on the satellite dish.

Pete :

Also check the connector wiring on the cable terminations.

Pete :

Do let me know if I can be of any further assistance at all!

Pete :

Pete.

Pete, Technician
Experience: Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Pete

Thanks for your prompt response.

I have tries your suggestions and all channels work perfectly.

I am sure that I'm not able to give you a description of the problem in terms that would enable you to provide a solution.

It would need a visit by a technician to view the all connections and settings before a suitable solution is found.

Thank you for your help.

Yours sincerely

Derek Adamson

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi Derek,
You could try just swapping the two satellite input cables around at the rear of the box - sometimes that helps the signal get picked up better and the problem resolves itself.
If you need any further assistance on this, you can always ask free followup questions on this page after rating my service :)
Best,
Pete.