info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

my samsung tv is just flicking through the channels on its

my samsung tv is just flicking through the channels on its own staying sometimes on one channel for about 5 mins
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
How are you viewing TV services please?satellite\cble\aerial?
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

satelite

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Is it the satellite channels its jumping through or the sets own?
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

both but only channel it stops on is sky sports

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
No it cant be both
I suspect its the tv but I need that confirming so take satellite out of back of tv and observe the set is it still jumping channels?
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

took satellite out and got no picture just flicking and buzzing

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
OK try a dvd player and let me know if it still jumps channels I am trying to establish if its the box or the TV if it still jumps channels using the DVD its the TV
Let me know then we can move on
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

still flicking when playing dvd

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
OK that proves the tV is bad
OK what usually causes this (besides the remote control being bad take batteries out)is the function board just behind the channelchange\volume control ON THE SET ITSELF so you need to get the back off the set and disconnect the function board and try the set again just using the remote control to control the set, you see its the button for the channel change on the set itself that causes the problem the tact switch oxidises
Do you think you can do this work?
Let me know please
Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have
Many Thanks
Anthony