Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Sony Bravia LCD Digital Colour TV, model number KDL

I have a Sony Bravia LCD Digital Colour TV, model number KDL 26U3000. I missed the retuning instructions when channel numbers were changed for a series of BBC Channels, and although i receive an on-screen announcement that channel 80 {BBC News) has been changed to 130, this number, and several of the adjoining numbers, does not appear on the Digital Electronic Guide, so I am unable to tune into this and neighbouring channels. Please advise. Yours, James T W Robertson
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. What's happened is that the TV has lost these channels, and needs to be run through a Channel Auto Scan again to retrieve them.
To do this, on the Sony remote, press MENU--->Settings, then scroll to and then "Digital Auto Tuning" (These instructions are outlined in the TV manual on page 30 at the link below):
http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/3273475121.pdf
Press OK to confirm and allow the TV to scan for and retrieve all available digital channels in your area.
If you need further assistance let me know, and once satisfied please -do not forget to click a "POSITIVE RATING" so that I am credited. If you don't see a place to rate- reply back to me and let me know.
You can follow up to the question at no additional charge even once you've rated.