info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Its a samsung le4od 55ok1w,model code le4od55ok1wxxu,type number

Customer Question

Its a samsung le4od 55ok1w,model code le4od55ok1wxxu,type number le4od55o,samsung 40ins 1080.
Can you tell me what has caused a black mark down centre of screen? I have photos if required.
If an object hit the TV would the cause a straight line or take on the shape of the object, I'm trying to work out what would have casued a linear shaped black line
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Is the mark seen if you press the menu button of the sets own menu display using sets own remote control?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear *****, thank you for your reply. The TV is not mine and i have not seen the damage personally. My 5 year old has been accused of doing it but i need to be sure of the facts. he was being looked after for a couple of hours while I was visiting Yorkshire (we live in Kent) and I feel he is taking the blame so they can get a new tv from me. The 'damage' was supposed to be done on Weds but not noticed until Saturday, is that possible? And he supposed to have thrown a toddler shoe at TV by accident. Would a small shoe leave a linear mark or take the shape of the shoe. I'm reluctant to pay for a new tv if he is not to blame. I have been sent photos i can forward if you have email. All this is causing me no end of upset as I'm being bullied and harressed everyday. Funny thing is when I picked him up I was told he was well behaved and there was no problems, yet 3 days later hes done this damage. I'm a bit suspicious.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
I understand yes you have 2 options with the photos either upload them here using the paperclip on your toolbar OR send them in to***@******.*** for the attention of Anthony Infotech
Make sure you send in with the email you registered with justanswer if you do it that way
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Any update on the TV dianosis? I sent pictures yesterday. Many thanks

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello Bernadette
Sorry theirs nothing in my mailbox, did you send them in from your address you used to register with JustAnswer?you need to do that
You have tried***@******.***?please try***@******.***
Sorry for the inconvenience but its admin that emails them back to me.
Your other options are to upload them here if you see the toolbar their is a paperclip on it use that or a free photo site like www.imgur.com as an example and send me the link
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I sent them via email to the experts@justanswer FAO yourself and I attached them to my reply here and they went ok and not bounced back. I will try again lunchtime as I have to do my ward rounds now

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK we cant give our own personal emails so try***@******.*** they usually send them through promptly, sorry for inconvenience and anxiety here
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

re-sent hopefully you can see than this time.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Yes give it a couple of hours as they have to be passed on from admin to me
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear *****, any news on the TV damage? Did you get the photos?

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Yes its***@******.*** with a link to the question page so copy and paste the question into the email

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did you get the photos? I have sent them via 2 emails and by direct attachment. I really need to get this situation resolved, many thanks

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry in the breakdown of not seeing the photos earlier the system has been changed however your attachment is good thanks I can see that well
NO this is NOT physical damage, physical damage is quite different from this, the problem here is a failed LCD panel, and this type of issue with a failed panel is quite common but NO its not physical damage
Let me know if you need more info
Once again sorry for the confusion with photos
A positive rating is appreciated thank you
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear *****,

Thank you so much for all your help, it was money well sent as you have saved me a fortune and exonerated my poor 5 year old. Before pointing the finger and trying to bully a new tv out of me they should have checked the facts first.

Bernadette.

PS how do i do a tip?

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Bernadette

Yes physical damage is very apparent with LCD in most cases a spiders web of a crack appears where the force of impact hit this then cracks the display like a spiders web or on occasion the panel splits, that is a "fault" of the panel not physical damage.

Glad I could help thanks for the rating

Anthony