info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

LG 42LE5300 TVI have above bought some 4 years ago. Sound

LG 42LE5300 TV I have above bought some 4 years ago. Sound from built in speakers has been low all the time but we managed somehow up to now. Due to refurbishment and rearrangement of the room the TV is now 20ft away from the nearest viewer. If sound is kept on low volume it can not be satisfactory listening and if kept high volume (50)+ the sound disturbs other members of the family who are in next room. I think detached set of speakers placed near the sitting place, connected to TV or wireless speakers would sort this problem. Your expert suggestions will be appreciated. Please mention estimated costs involved and place available. Also an item that can easily be installed by non technician person.

Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
How are you viewing TV services please ?satellite\cable\aerial?
Is it the same level of volume if you use another input like a dvd player please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hellow Anthony.

I currently use SKY satellite service.

I have not noticed any change; but how does it matter? If it is important I will recheck. There is a separate device fitted (not a part of TV) to change TV to DVD player or back.

I am always generous on rating on full satisfaction, so don't worry. Please note that I am looking for a fool-proof answer that can be followed by non-DIY person like myself. Thank you.

Suresh

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is important to know if you think its the same using a separate input like a DVD, the reason is that the box can be sending the wrong linear audio out to the TV so you will get a mis-match in sound, if the DVD (or any other input) is the same then yes we can move on.
Thanks let me know
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Anthony,

I just checked playing a DVD and have found no difference in sound volume. Please note that I need to play TV or DVD at a low volume so that I can hear without disturbing others.

Suresh

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Suresh
Sorry for delay
OK I am going to have a look for you how to do this please reply back with OK, I will be about 10 mins
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Suresh the best and easiest way is to get a soundbar, now these are available in places like currys or maplins and you simply need to run an optical audio out lead from the back of the set to the soundbar (the lead is available from the same outlets)make sure its a fairly long lead because I think you will need the soundbar near you, their are many varietys of these soundbars however so long as it has optical audio in your OK.
The set being 20 feet away wont allow you to turn the volume up without disturbing others however if the soundbar is near you then you can control the volume better, the only problem I can see is the optical lead will need to be long from the TV to the soundbar or it may need to be pinned around to the soundbar, its straightforward and then the sound bar plugs into mains.
Look on the back of the TV you will see digital optical out thats where the lead goes

An example is here

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1228520.htm <<click

Let me know if you need more info

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have seen one in Currys but neither saleman nor I could think of using this device, which is normally attached to the TV, can be used as a distant loudspeaker. Are long optical leads of 20+ feet available? I will try at currys, Comet and internet but please let me know if you know a particular shop in Harrow, London area. This will save my time. Don't worry about your rating. I will deal with it to your satisfaction once we conclude this inquiry. In the above example the sound bar is fixed under the TV. I take it that it can be fixed 20 ft away from the TV without loosing sound quality. I have located the digital optical out socket. Also this is going to take some time and if I need to contact you about this after closing conversation, what is the procedure?

Suresh

Suresh

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

http://www.cabling4less.co.uk/category.php?cat_id=212&gclid=CL_X1NXOi8ECFYsBwwod-m0A8A

Yes it can be moved its just the optical lead thats the problem its a long run but will be OK upto 10 meters, their are bluetooth soundbars but your set does not support bluetooth,sorry I dont know of a shop in harrow however their will be a currys and maplins but they tend to be expensive thats the only problem

Let me know if you need more info

Anthony
info tech, Technician
Experience: Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK I will now make my search on the product and hopefully sort this matter out. Just in case I need to contact you further on this is there any way I can get in touch with you again? I have already given excellent rating.

Suresh

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Bookmark this page and come back (this will remain open) here I may not be able to answer immediately but will when I see your post, make sure that the soundbar has optical audio in as some dont have this.
Thank You for rating
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK Many thanks