info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

toshiba 22L1333b Tv..when attached to sky box via scart no

Customer Question

toshiba 22L1333b Tv..when attached to sky box via scart no problem.. when installed in bedroom via co-axial cable... message reads no channel selected, automatic tune gives same message. How can I fix?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Is it a straight coax cable from the sky box to TV?
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, coaxial cable from sky box to wall socket in bedroom, then 1m cable to set.. Main tv in living room uses scart cable.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Mathew you can only be in one mode or the other so that's RF out or scart out their will be a menu there for setting up the outputs,the only other way to do it is set the sky box up for RF only and use a splitter so one lead goes to the TV and the other to the other set via a coaxial splitter do you understand this?
Let me know please
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The old tv which this new set is replacing worked fine from the RF output while the main set was on scart.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Is it an old box or one of the newer ones?
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for delay in replying...... Sky box is PANASONIC TU-DSB50 and twelve years old.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
I see the new boxes you cant do this, so I can only say that the TV you have now (as the box must be working if it worked with another set)is not capable at present of tuning down to whats coming out of the RF section of the box, now their is probably a modulator screw on where the aerial comes out of the box you need to alter the setting of that screw so your TV can "see" where the sky is, now altering that screw is great if you dont use an aerial as you can play with it until the TV tunes into it, so you may need to turn it a couple of degrees either way until the TV tunes in, if you have an aerial though you have to be careful that it doesnt interfere with present channels through normal TV
Let me know if you need more info
Anthony