info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

my grundig LCD 6731 vivance TV. has a large shadow which appeared

Customer Question

my grundig LCD 6731 vivance TV. has a large shadow which appeared after only
14 months grundig wont repair or replace it, they say the screen is only guaranteed
for 12 months,our local tv tech, says the fault is dust getting inside a seal the screen is perfect
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Im afraid its a common issue its a bad LCD panel no way of fixing it and its not an option to replace the panel
Their is a european directive that says all electronic product has a 2 year warranty so please hit them with that as by law they should cover the set for 2 years not 1
Its directive 99/44/EC
To wave you away for a serious problem like that is not right even if the directive was not there as this basically writes off the set
Let me know how it goes
Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have
Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Anthony.

told grundig what you said,they are now looking into the matter,

many thanks, ***** ***** you updated

W.m

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Yes I thought that might shake them a bit
Let me know
Anthony