info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Toshiba model 32BV502B , working with an aerial amplifier (

Toshiba model 32BV502B , working with an aerial amplifier ( three other TV'S on same antenna system ) when switched on TV seems to work ok but SHORT CIRCUIT warning lamp lights on antenna amp. Measure with volt meter at TV antenna input shows 120 VAC to mains neutral from both centre pin and outer at socket . What can be done ? My thought is to cut off the moulded plug and replace with normal 13 amp plug with suitable fuse .
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
I am assuming this is when the aerial lead from the amp is pulled out?
You have a dangerous situation as their is a leak of ac onto the aerial panel which should be isolated, this can be caused by decoupling capacitors on the power board so the chassis is at half mains potential, in the interests of safety please DO NOT USE THE SET and also in the interests of you and your families safety the set should now be checked by an engineer as it will need to be run through safety checks after the fault is rectified, I can't stress enough that its a potentially lethal situation and I can't ask you to do anything else other than the above
Let me know if you have anything to add
Anthony