info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

My TV will not switch on the green light comes on and then

My TV will not switch on the green light comes on and then clicks back to stand by
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tx-p37x10b
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Colin are you sure the power light is not blinking red?it definitely drops to a solid red standby light?
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It goes green and blinks red
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
The light will be blinking and pausing, please count the amount of red blinks between pauses please like 5 blinks pause 5 blinks as an example?
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
14 pause 14 pause 14 pause
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hello Colin
OK its indicating a fault however please do this first>>>>
Unplug the set from the wallpower, take out all the inputs into the set, press the on\off switch (whilst set OFF)and hold it for 20 seconds, wait 15 minutes then re-plug the set back in again (no inputs connected) do you still have 14 blinks?
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok will you still be here in 15 minutes
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Yes I will still be here
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Still 14 blinks
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Colin you have a fault with the audio output circuits on the set thats what the 14 blinks means now you have rebooted so its not an erroneous blink so that means work will be needed inside the set possibly replacement of the mainboard (or audio board)inside the set, are you able to perform work yourself with the set, ideally you will need to know how to use a multi-meter and be "hands on" to follow advice.
If thats not within your comfort you will need an engineer who will charge around £100\£120 for this work
Let me know if you need more info
Sorry its nothing easier
Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have
Many Thanks
Anthony