Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Hi, I have lost all the channels on my Samsung Digital TV.

Hi, I have lost all the channels on my Samsung Digital TV. I get a message weak or no signal. Check the antenna cable. I have checked all the usual things, all plugged in etc. I have tried to search for channels many times, but they are not being re-installed. Help! Anne.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’ll get started chatting here.

If you’d prefer support beyond the chat format, you may also reach me directly via phone or a remote support session. I’ll send an additional services offer for these options - feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time during or after our conversation.

Nathan :

Anne, are you using the television with an aerial, with basic cable, with a cable/satellite box, etc?

Nathan :

Do you have any other tvs, and if so are they working?

JACUSTOMER-hssttdln- :

Hi Nathan,

JACUSTOMER-hssttdln- :

I'm using a small plug into the TV aerial that I have used for about 2 years with this TV. I am not using any boxes or cable with this TV it's just a digital TV in the bed room.

JACUSTOMER-hssttdln- :

Downstairs I have another digital Samsung TV, this is attached to a Talktalk youview box. I also have a small aerial attached to this. Thank uou, Anne.

JACUSTOMER-hssttdln- :

Sorry the TV downstairs is working normally.

Nathan :

Thank you for the information Anne,

Nathan :

would it be possible for you to exchange the aerials between the downstairs and bedroom tv?

Nathan :

That will help us to isolate the issue further,

Nathan :

as this could be caused by a bad aerial, a tv memory problem, or a faulty tuner in the tv.

JACUSTOMER-hssttdln- :

OK will try

Nathan :

JACUSTOMER-hssttdln- :

Hi I have plugged the downstairs aerial in upstairs. The auto store search is in progress, now 9% but usually as it searches it gives how many channels it is finding as it goes and like the other times I have tried over the past 24 hours this is not happening, they are all at 0!

Nathan :

Okay, let me know how it finalizes.

JACUSTOMER-hssttdln- :

On the search I choose channel source- digital and analogue, then digital,then search mode I've tried Network then auto but they both end the same way saying

Nathan :

Okay if this has happened suddenly, though you get a signal on the other tv, and it happens on the bedroom tv with both antennas, then the internal tuner has most likely failed.

Nathan :

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation
1) Unplug the power cord from the tv at the mains

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm a hardware failure.

Nathan :

At that point, while it could be repaired, it would entail replacing the "main board" in the tv, which for a bedroom model that I assume is a 32" or smaller size, wouldn't be practical, it would cost you as much as a new tv. The best option in that event would be to hook up an external tuner instead, which would be a minimal cost. This would be similar to the youview box you have downstairs.

JACUSTOMER-hssttdln- :

Sorry, this last search is using auto store and has not completed yet. OK auto store now completed and still zero stations.Thanks I will try your suggestions about turning it off etc. So if that doesn't work the best thing will be to get connected up to youview as well?

Nathan :

Yes, either youview or any other comparable freeview/tuner box, like the one I just linked to.

JACUSTOMER-hssttdln- :

thank you, ***** ***** it now? Do you want to know if it works after an hour?

Nathan :

If you have a chance, I would appreciate an update, but it is not necessary if you have other things to do.

JACUSTOMER-hssttdln- :

OK thanks.

Nathan :

You're welcome.

Nathan :

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Nathan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Nathan, turning the TV off for an hour etc seems to have worked and now all my channels are stored again, thank you for your help, Anne.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.
Great, glad to hear it is all working for you again!