Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Hi! I have a Grundig GU22B4 colour television which has suddenly

Hi! I have a Grundig GU22B4 colour television which has suddenly decided to show only in black & white - can you tell me what the problem is and how to fix it please!
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your TV. In order for me to determine what's causing this, I'll need you to reply back to the Info Request in full please.
1) How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?
2) Additionally, what is connected to the TV for devices (DVD, cable box, etc.), and do you have the same issue regardless of which Device you're watching?
3) If you press MENU on the TV while this problem is occurring, does the MENU display in color or black and white?
Please reply back and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Aric,

I think the tv is about 6 years old.

When the dvd is playing it works in colour!

We can't, for some reason, get a signal on the tv - we usually run Sky through and watch that - but the message that is coming up is in black & white.

Hope this helps!

Regards.

SANDRA

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the reply. If the DVD is playing in colour, then the issue with the black and white is most likely caused by Sky. Are you using some sort of Box connected to the TV to receive Sky?
If so, what type of cabling is connecting it to the TV- is it a Scart, or Red,White and Yellow RCA cables?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi again Aric,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and letting me know what the problem is likely to be. I've informed my husband and he's going to get our local aerial man out who will, hopefuly, be able to sort it.

In the meantime, many thanks for your input.

Regards.

SANDRA