Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

Hi I.ve just bought and set up a Samsung Smart 3D TV (48H6420),a

Customer Question

Hi I.ve just bought and set up a Samsung Smart 3D TV (48H6420),a Samsung Blu-ray 3D disc player and a Samsung soundbar (HW-F350). All set up and going ok except that I don't get sound from the bar when using the Blu-ray. What am I doing wrong. Any help appreciated
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.
Did you try the DVD's optical output directly to the soundbar? I suspect you're trying to get the DVD's audio signal out of the TV set using the HDMI audio path.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi the DVD is connected to the TV via HMDI, the Soundbar is connected to the Virgin Tivo box via the Optical cable. There's no direct connection between the DVD and Soundbar and the Soundbar does not have HMDI.

When I have the TV on the Soundbar takes over the sound ok. When I have the DVD on it doesn't.

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.
Can you get the DVD's model number to me?
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.
Looking over the system as a whole...make sure the Tivo and DVD are connected to the TV using HDMI cables, then disconnect the optical cable on the Tivo box, and move it to the TV's optical output. Then turn the TV's speakers off and the optical output on the TV should turn on.
If the DVD still doesn't work, then look to see if your TV and/or your DVD player's Audio selection/Type is set to PCM audio, not Bitstream audio.