info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Good morning. My LG television screen disrupts into a series

Good morning.
My LG television screen disrupts into a series of fast moving vertical coloured lines as soon as it is switched on.
Please could you tell me what is the problem and how can I rectify it.
Thankyou
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Sorry you have trouble here, I will need the model number of the set please found on the back of the set?
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Anthony

The model number is: RZ-42PX11

The serial number is: 502MANJ10191

I hope this helps

Carl

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Do these lines stay on the display or do they disappear?
Are they steady or moving?
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Anthony

The lines are moving rapidly in a horizontal fashion. They are multi-coloured and cover the entire screen.

They remain on the screen until the t.v. is switched off.

The picture is completely disrupted.

Carl

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Carl if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is the menu good or are the lines OVER the menu too?
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I press the menu button on the remote control nothing happens. The lines are always there. I said earlier they were horizontal. Sorry the lines are vertical. Pressing any buttons on the remote control makes no difference as if the commands are not being recognised.

Carl

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Its very likely a bad mainboard.
Are you looking to repair this yourself?please let me know I will provide more details
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is a main board easy to replace or do I need a qualified t.v. engineer to do it?

How much roughly will it cost?

Carl

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
As the lines are vertical also a possibility is a failed logic board so you have logic and mainboard in the frame here, I am assuming you have sound OK?, more likely to be mainboard however if commands are not being carried out by the remote control.
If you have small tools you will need to get the back off the set find the mainboard (one with all the AV connectors on)and get the partnumber from it (take the board out will be easier its held to the chassis by screws and unplugs)just google the part number flattvparts.co.uk may have it
An engineer would charge around £100_£150
The board itself will be under £60 I think
Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have
Many Thanks
Anthony