hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Installer
Experience:  I am a certified Cable Television installer in the state of Hawaii
40928634

Hi,I have a Panasonic Viera E5 Series Smart television.

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Panasonic Viera E5 Series Smart television. I am trying to play a video on my television from my laptop. When I right click on the media video it IS giving me the option to Play to VIERA E5 Series so I know it is recognising it. I have recently moved flat and it worked perfectly in my previous flat. The internet is working perfectly on my television at the moment i.e. youtube, etc.. Do you have any ideas? kind regards, adrian

I would like to add, when i try to play it, it spends about 20 seconds contacting device and then says device is not responding.

I would also like to add that when I go into the viera tools and media server samsung pc did come up but failed to connect. Now it just says server not found.

Category: TV
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to continue to wait for a possible answer/ solution if you could find one. Thank you for your time.

Adrian

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would be very grateful if you could keep looking for anyone who would have any thoughts on the matter. I have a fully functioning smart tv with internet so I can use youtube, netflix, etc. The media server is the only aspect that is not working but has worked in the past. I have recently moved flat. I am just looking for possible reasons for this?

Regards,

Adrian

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 3 years ago.

Hello please tell me about the programme you're using on your PC that shares your media?

Also what OS are you using?...XP; Vista; Windows 7 etc

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm very sorry for the late reply.

The OS I am using is windows 7.

Previously when it was working successfully, I was not using a programme so to speak. I would just right click on a media file on my desktop and the option 'Play to...' would come up. Then a further option of Panasonic Viera.... would come. Obviously I would just click that and it would play on the television.

Thankyou for your reply

So is the "further option of Panasonic Viera would come" still appearing please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it still appears

Let's try the easiest thing first

Please unplug your router from the power outlet and also shut down your laptop

Now plug the router back into the outlet and wait 60 seconds

Next boot up your laptop again

If you still can't send the media to the TV try turning off any firewall you have running on your laptop

Please make sure that the network that your laptop is connecting to is not marked as public. You can see the type of network by opening the "Network & Sharing center"

Please report back