Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

ps60e530a3w plasma. when switched on the screen flashes for

Customer Question

ps60e530a3w plasma. when switched on the screen flashes for a second and the stby light flashes 5 times.the green led on the logic panel flashes.what is the error code for 5 flashes.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Samsungs dont have a blink code error reporting system so it wont mean anything im afraid, its a matter of finding out.
OVERVIEW
The back of the set will need to come off a meter is a necessity to make voltage\resistance checks on various areas of the set including the powerboard once these checks are through a board is ordered and fitted in the set.
If you think you can do this work yourself are "hands on" practical please let me know and we will push on with this, cost of board could be around $100_$180
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

y sus panel voltages on plug cn500 from pin 1 226,226,0,0,5,113,0,0,113,113,0,136,15.

power supply voltages on plug cn801 from pin 1 when in stby 3.3 otherwise 0,0,5,0,15,5.2,5.2,15,15,5.2.

plug cn804 from pin1 0,0,4.5,3.3,0,5.2,15,0,57,0,212,212.

when it flashes 5 times and press the remote it looks as if it is picking up the signal.the red light flashes quicker.if you can tell me which panel it is I would be very grateful.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Ray can you not see the Vs and Va test points or marks on the board?it looks like one of them is up but their should be specific marks on the power board
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes on plug cn804 pin 11 and 12 ss is 212 and on pin 9 va is 57

regards

ray

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK they look to be OK
Is the logic board led blinking about once a second?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes.

regards

ray

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry I have to go now but leave a reply and I will contact you tommorrow

regards

ray

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
It means the logic board is good
I will pull the manual and get back to you
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

o/k I look forward to hearing from you.

regards

Ray

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK Ray
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have you had a chance to determine which panel is faulty

regards

ray

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Ray
I cannot get a service manual for this set anywhere I will need to opt out perhaps someone else has one
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks. But you haven't told me anything I didn't know already.So is it possible to refund your fee.

regards

ray

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello Ray, I'm Aric- a different Expert here. If you still need assistance with this problem let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes any help in identifying the panel would be appreciative.

regards

ray

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply.
I need to know if the light starts blinking as soon as the set is plugged in, or only after the power button is pressed.
Also, please do another test, by disconnecting the power cord, then unplugging the sustain boards inside the set. Plug the power cord back in and then let me know if you still get the blinking light- and specifically when (after power cord is connected, or power button is pressed please).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the stby light flashes only when you press the stby button.

when I disconnect the lead from the power supply to the z sus panel and the z sus lead to the y sus panel the stby light only flashes when the stby button is pressed.

Hope this helps

regards

ray

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply. This would indicate that your Mainboard (which provides the turn on command), is fine. As well the power supply is fine- indicated by the Vs and Va voltages being present. Since removing the Sustain boards from the power supply allows the 5 blink code to disappear, this would point to shorted sustain boards causing the issue, and you would want to proceed with replacing them to fix the TV.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please keep in mind that we are all independent Techs on here, working on our own time, and are only credited a portion of the deposit one we are rated POSITIVELY.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just to be clear when I remove the leads to the sus panels the stby light still blinks 5 times but only when the stby button is pressed.are you saying the z and y sus panels need to be replaced.

regards

ray

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the clarification. No, I didn't realize it was blinking 5 times when the power was pressed after the Sus boards were disconnected.
To be clear- with sustain boards disconnected and power button pressed ONCE, does the relay on the power board click and the voltages energize and STAY energized?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there is no relay click but then again I can't see a relay.

there is no vs or va volts with the sus boards disconnected

regards

ray

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

Can you please get me the part numbers off of Power supply, X-sus and Y-sus boards in TV as the numbers would be like BN44-00512A or BN96-22115A etc.

These numbers will help to troubleshoot the problem.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

power supply bn44-00512a

z sus lj92-01858a

y sus lj92-01859a

regards

ray

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the boards part number info. I'm ready to walk you through troubleshooting, please reply back when you have time and mulitmetr handy to proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ready and waiting

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, I'm online now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry about yesterday.

I am ready now

regards

ray

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ray,
Due to different time zone, we are not getting in touch in time, I'll be online again after 3 hours from now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

afternoon

I am ready if you are

regards

ray

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Good evening,
I'm online for 4-5 hours now, please reply back when you are available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ready to go

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, if you unplug connector on power board that goes to right side X-drive board, does TV stay On?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

stby light still flashes 5 times after pressing the stby button

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Please ignore the 5 times blinks as it indicates boot up process when press standby/ power switch on TV, does TV stay On after booting process (5 times flashing light) and does not switch Off itself?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no it stays on

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, now plug the connector back in power board and unplug the other connector from right side board that goes to left side board (y-drive) and again check if TV stays On or goes Off.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it stays on just cycles with the 5 flashes

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
You mean the 5 times flashes repeats again and again?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes that is correct

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am on line now

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for delayed reply.
It seems the problem of main board where the main processor chip isn't working properly thus it boot up, resets and again boot up continually that is why the power light blinks again and again.
Please get the part number off of main board in TV to search/ google it to get replacement main board and swap it in TV which will help to resolve the problem.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you for your advice I have ordered a main p.c.b. panel.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome, I'll be waiting to know how it worked.
Thank you and good luck!
Shahid.