Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

trying to tune playstation 3 to Toshiba lcd.

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question. You're going to need to reset the video output of the PS3 in order to get it to display using HDMI.
Please follow the steps below:
1) Turn off the power to your PS3.
2) Turn it back on again.
3) While turning it on hold down the power button until you see something on the screen. This will completely reset the video output of your PlayStation 3 to the factory default output, once done you can then go into the PlayStation 3's video settings and configure them to your liking.
If this does not work, then please try using another HDMI cable then follow the steps above again.
If you need further assistance let me know, and once satisfied please -do not forget to click a "POSITIVE RATING" so that I am credited. If you don't see a place to rate- reply back to me and let me know.
You can follow up to the question at no additional charge even once you've rated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

looks like that is going to work but the cable for the controller is not, need to get new one. thanks for that

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Glad to hear it. Could you please click the positive rating so that I am credited for my work?