Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

hello my lg tv wont retune? any suggestions?

Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of TV?
- Does it show few TV channels through aerial?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it doesnt show any channels through anything. it doesnt pick up on auto or maunal tune and the model number is *****

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Joe for the info,
- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
- Have you tried to take this TV to any working TV place, plug that aerial into this TV and check, this way we will confirm the aerial connection at your house isn't at fault.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

im not sure of the age i think its about 4years.

we recently decorated the room and when i plugged it back in it had lost a few of the channels but still showed a few of them and it suggested a retune so i did and thats when it lost all of them

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
ah OK, I would recommend to take this TV to a working aerial place, plug it and try to retune.
If TV still doesn't tune the channels then we are sure that tuner in TV has failed and causing the problem. At that point you would have two options, either replace tuner/ main board of TV or get set top box, plug the aerial into box, connect AV output to the TV and keep watching TV channels through set top box and this way you wont need to take the TV to repair shop for main board replacement.
Many different brands set top box would be available in nearest electronic stores on low prices, I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.