info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I decided to allocate a few channels to the favourite list.

I decided to allocate a few channels to the favourite list. Now channel 1 with its name and the favourite star banner is displayed permanently. I cannot change channels now and almost all buttons do not work although the signal is received (flickering red led in on/off TV button).
Sometimes the picture locks. The d menu button does not respond.powering on and off does not restore.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
info tech :

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model Code : LE 32R73BDX/XEU

Type Number : BD32EO

I should have stated also that the "MONO" banner is also permanently displayed and other sources work. It returns to the channel locked condition after pressing the TV/DTV button

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK you need to reset the TV in the service menu now to get to the service menu their are two ways the first way is this press INFO>>MENU>>MUTE>>Power ON within 6 seconds,let me know when the service menu comes up so I can give you more advice, if you cant do it that way please let me know
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All that does is switch the TV off. When I power back on, the DVD source is chosen.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK just give me 5 mins to verify the entry please reply with OK
Anthony
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I didnt convey to you properly how to do this so the set has to be OFF in standby mode red light lit, so then you press INFO>>MENU>>MUTE>>Power ON the set will come on in service mode do that WITHIN six seconds let me know when you are in service mode so we can move on
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Service menu has now appeared

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK using the up and down left to right arrows navigate to "RESET" in the factory data number 12 enter this and OK the set may reboot after a short time
Let me know if you get that far or if you dont where it goes wrong
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The reset did not respond so I powered off and repeated the service menu routine. This comes back up with the picture behind it this time but still will not reset.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have navigated to 12 and instead of pressing OK, I used right arrow the set then switched off. I switched back on and now I am in plug and play mode and auto storūüź∂

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That seems to have done the trick, thank you.I shall have to try setting up favourites again and see whether it does another lock up. Do you wish to know the result?

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I never seen your reply
Yes if this works please dont forget to rate the answer positively their will be a rating bar with this post
If you have any other issue let me know without rating
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have now tried re-alloating favourite channels and everything still works.

I have noticed that if the EXT 1 source is live when I switch off but when was watching a DTV channel When I switch back on again instead of returning to the previous DTV channel it reverts to the EXT 1 source. I have never noticed this before. Is this correct?

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Do you have anything in EXT1?is it ON if you do?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes in EXT 1 there is a DVD which is On and set to receive another TV Channel

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
The set will revert to EXT 1 in that case, the DVD should be OFF if you don't want that to happen, all sets have different specs but... if you don't see an option in the settings menu for the TV to opt for channels instead of inputs as a priority... then you will need to have DVD off however you may be making a recording it just means you need to change inputs.
Let me know if you need more info
Anthony
info tech, Technician
Experience: Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience