Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have an LG television set and the picture is too dark and

I have an LG television set and the picture is too dark and no matter what I do I can't get the brightness up.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Hello , my name is***** can help you with this problem .

Here are a few settings you may want to try in the PICTURE menu;

ENERGY SAVING = OFF

PICTURE MODE = VIVID

Picture mode = standard then adjust brightness to taste .

Give it a try , I believe you may have the tv set to "intelligent sensor " and that turns down the backlighting.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jack,

Thanks. I will try all that. I have to go out so it won't be right away, OK?

thanks

Les

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

No problem Les

Let me know how it goes and please take the time to rate my answer positively (use the smiley) if that answers your question / does the trick , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll see what can be done.
Note that you can reach me here at any time after rating if you have questions.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jack.

That's great, it has made a great difference. We are totally satisfied with your help. One question: You mentioned "Intelligent sensor" but we can't find that on our set. Is it possible that it is not a feature on the particular model we have?

Thanks for your help, and we are very happy to pay the 29€ euro fee. I think I understand the system, but just wanted to make sure. This is a one-off fee, and I have access for a week. We don't have any further questions or need with any appliance, so I won't be signing up for a continuing use of the the service. Can you confirm for me that this is just the one-time use of the service and that we won't need to continue on a monthly basis.

All the best,

Les

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Good morning Les

I`ll start by saying thank you very much for the rating and bonus !

About the intelligent sensor , you are correct , although your tv`s manual mentions it , it also says that it is only on plasma models , I believe they have a menu description that is generic for lcd and plasma models.

About the billing , i`m not privy to that part of the business i`m afraid but you can decline any further offer that i`m fairly sure you will get through email ?

Thanks again and cheers !