Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I HAVE SAMSUNG LED TV UE65ES8000 MY PROBLEM IS IT WILL NOT

Customer Question

I HAVE SAMSUNG LED TV UE65ES8000 MY PROBLEM IS IT WILL NOT TURN ON ,I JUST GET A CLICKING SOUND HAVE BEEN ON YOU TUBE FOR ANSWERS, HAD THE BACK OFF BUT COULD NOT SEE ANY BAD CAPACITERS ?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i must say that your tv is nowhere near old enough to have bad capacitors and beside , since 2007 samsung has learned its lessons and are not using cheap capacitors any longer , those days are gone .

Did it quit while watching it or simply would not turn on today ?

If while watching it , did you notice any acting up on the screen or ity just turned off ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

WHILST AWAY FROM THE TV FOR A SORT TIME IT STOPPED WORKING AND IT WOULD NOT RESTART, NOW WHEN I SWITCH ON IT WILL NOT TURN ON , JUST A CLICKING SOUND,

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

O.k then this is a LED tv and not much else but the power board can cause that sort of symptoms.

This board drives the power for the tv along with the LED arrays and it is not uncommon to fail .

I have been looking at possible suppliers for this board and to tell you frankly they are difficult to find in the UK .

I have the power board for the 55" model of the same serie and it could very well be the same power board but this would have to be verified with the supplier or perhaps if you could give me the numbers written directly on yours , it would start with the letters BN44....

You can see it at the link below;

https://flattvparts.co.uk/samsung-ue55es8000ux-psu-bn44-00523b-rev-1.2?zenid=7aba430ed887406c78c56f7f258aa4e0

Not sure if you had in mind to repair this yourself but this board cost around 50 pounds and to have a repair shop do this for you may cost around 150 to 200 pounds parts included.

Other than that it doesn`t look like that board is available at any suppliers that I could find in the UK but if you enter your poste code at the link below , it will list Samsung service centers near you where I`m sure you can get that board or simply have the tv serviced.

Here is that link ;

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

Wish i had an easier solution for you today ,like some sort of reset but this is not the case i`m afraid .
Hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.
Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer if that answers your question and you can still reach me here at anytime after this chat is rated if you have other questions.

Please note that from where i`m sitting there is just so much that i can do and if you are going to rate my answer below O.K service then please do not rate at all , just let me know.