Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

I have a jvc tv , when I try to record with a cruzer edge usb

Customer Question

I have a jvc tv model no LT-22DD52J, when I try to record with a usb drive it comes up on the tv as there cannot be more than 10 timers how can I record

Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think it's safe to say that the error message clearly indicates what you need to do for the situation: Go into the setup of the TV, and remove at least one 'timer' or timed recording event.

Even if you don't remember any, there might have been a whole list of them created by some glitch, so check in memory and delete the superfluous ones that you find.

Then try recording to USB. It should work, then.

Let me know. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where do I find the set up for the tv and how do I check the memory

thanks

Press the MENU button on the remote. Or, the MENU button on the TV itself (which might possibly be hard to see, or be behind a sliding or flip-out panel, etc.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have deleted all of the recordings on format disk and the caption still comes up on the tv there cannot be more than 10 timers

Then the TV might be 'broken' somehow, if you have gone through all the entities, settings, etc., that you can remove.

But how about a hard reset of the TV? it would erase everything back to factory settings and conditions, and ought to solve the problem. If there is such a reset, would you be willing to try it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes

thanks

Well, I found, fairly soon, a listing of suggested factory reset procedures by manufacture, but JVC isn't on the list at all. I fear that there is not any way to do a factory-condition settings reset... the best I found that might, possibly, be relevant, would be to
- find a menu entry in the TV's MENU system that says 'factory condition', and activate the reset for that 'factory condition'.

The alternative is probably to use Service Mode, and then use a special service remote to activate the reset... which sounds elaboratedly inefficient. Unfortunately I don't have any idea how else it might be done, save to take the TV to a JVC dealer/servicer that might have such a special remote control, and have them do it.