info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

i have a panasonic 19inch tv, but it doesn't hold settings.

i have a panasonic 19inch tv, but it doesn't hold settings. i.e if you set link settings to on, after switching tv off, next time shows settings off ! so viera link doesn't work.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Initially please unplug the set from the wallpower wait 5 mins then replug the set back in again and try the operation again, let me know if it now starts storing or not please
Thank You
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi, thanks, ***** ***** tried that before but it wasn't successful however i will try it again when i get home and respond tomorrow. many thanks,

Dave

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Dave if it works thats great let me know if it DOES NOT work then let me know too but then we move on with it
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, regretably it hasn't worked. It seems to hold memory for a few hours only. Could it be a software problem do you think.?

Dave

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Dave let me know the model number of the set found on the back of the set
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is TX-L19XM6B

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
If the set is not under warranty you will need to replace the mainboard, their is no firmware for this set at panasonic (as far as I can see)so if you think you can do this work yourself please let me know
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is just out of warranty, i will just leave as it is, rather than go to expense of replacing mainboard, although i can do it myself. Thankyou for your advice and help. Regards Dave